You’ve just gotten back from an epic trip and you took tons of photos. You find a couple that you don’t particularly like…we’ve all been there. Random people photo-bombing your photo or the light isn’t right, or maybe a sign getting in the way of a perfect shot. Don’t worry, you can edit all that!! Here are some of my favorite editing apps to do it with!
Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google and an app I have been using for many months now. It is my go to photo editing app.
• 26 Tools and Filters, including Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Transform
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• “Insights” feature with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
TOOLS AND FILTERS
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control (7 controls)
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Transform – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
To read more about Snapseed and download the app, click here.
Adobe Photoshop Mix makes it quick and easy to cut out, combine and seamlessly blend pictures to create sophisticated multilayered images. Apply one of over a dozen Looks to select areas or your whole photo. Share with friends for fun, or incorporate them into other creative projects by sending them to Photoshop Fix or Photoshop CC onPS Express
• Cut out and remove sections of your images and merge photos using multiple layers.
• Create sophisticated image blends by experimenting with different blend modes andFill Opacities within each layer until you get the look you want. Mix includes some of the most popular blend modes from Photoshop CC.
• Adjust colors and contrast or apply preset Looks (filters) to your pictures. Enhance the entire image or just a portion with the touch of your finger.
• Nondestructive editing means your original images stay pristine and untouched.
• Quickly and easily share your creations on social media.
To read more about PhotoshopMix and download the app, click here.
This is another very popular photo editing app. While this app also functions as a camera app and photo sharing platform, it’s the rich collection of filters and user-friendly editing tools that really make it stand out.
Unlike other apps where the filters can be garish and overpowering, VSCO’s presets are designed to emulate classic and modern analog films. Many of the filters feature a soft, slightly faded look that’s quickly become very popular on Instagram.
The strength of every filter can be adjusted to suit your taste, and the app also features a number of highly-effective editing and adjustment tools for fine-tuning your image.
To read more about VSCO and download the app, click here.
If you have iOS, then your photo app automatically comes with a photo editor! You might not even have to download another app. Access the editing function when you click on a photo. There is a button (three horizontal lines) at the bottom of the screen where you can adjust certain aspects of the photo. You can select from 8 filters, adjust light, color and B&W. You can also markup the photo with a pen, write text or open up the photo using a different editing app if you choose to.
Make your photos go from drab to fab with these apps. They are all very easy to use. Do you have a favorite app you use to edit your photos? Let me know in the comments below!